Sunday, August 2, 2009

Getting Back to Her Roots

Enjoying a "haystack" (taco salad) for lunch.

Liesel was enjoying her freedom and the chance to sneak some human food. Guess she likes haystacks for lunch too.

Liesel is returning to her roots as she was born in this area. My dachshund had just died and I wanted another one right away. Cecelia was driving home from work a few weeks later and saw a sign in someone's front yard that they had dachshund puppies for sale. To make a long story short, she found Liesel for me, took her to be checked out at her vet's and was her nanny for a week until I could drive up to get her. So, Liesel is returning for a visit to her roots.

Tamara (Moscow Mom from American Girls in Moscow), the girls (my granddaughters) and I are up visiting Rachael and her kids (Always Wanted 4) and her parents (Mother To Many) at her parents' in NY. We are having a Moscow reunion from our trip over to Moscow on Mother's Day Weekend. My granddaughters are loving all the freedom to roam outside on all of Cecelia's acreage, exploring the old barn, playing with each other and just being kids getting filthy dirty. Cecelia has been very busy in the kitchen and we're probably gaining 5 pounds this weekend.

When we are not outside, we're sitting at the long dining table with our 4 laptops lined up typing away.

I just heard the following comment, "I have my pj's on so I can slide down the long rail." Translated that means that they are sliding down the long banister from the second floor.

It's now raspberry jelly making time and then it's outside for games. To all of Rachael's family, WISH YOU ALL WERE HERE!

Going on a hayride. 

8 comments:

  1. Just popping by to be first one to comment, since I know comments will make you happy. =)

    I think you and a blog are a dangerous thing, but it was really inevitable. I'm sure you will have lots of fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have joined the blog world as an actual blogger - although I have enjoyed your comments on my blog. I'm enjoying having everyone here for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! That looks like fun! SO glad you all are having a great time together, but I have to say I'm incredibly jealous! :)
    And SO happy that you've become an official blogger! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew (like Rachael) that it was only a matter of time before you got a blog of your own. Especially with Tamara and Rachael together ganging up on you.
    I wish I could have come out there this weekend. I thought the main reason holding me back was the dreded long drive with 2 little kids, but as it turned out I was actually scheduled to work Friday and Monday, so that could have been a problem.
    Sounds like you all are having a nice time, and this trip together may not be as exciting, but for sure more relaxing than the one in Moscow I would imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, sure enough - a great first-post!

    It is funny - in all truth, I was just thinking yesterday morning about you having a blog. I think it started because I was thinking of Rachael going to see her mom, which prompted me to think that I had visited Rachael's mom's blog a time or two, and commented....but I didn't think she'd ever visited mine. Making me wonder if it was really sort-of RUDE to visit blogs under those circumstances...perhaps she keeps it only for family and friends. And that led me to thinking....the person who ought to have a blog is TINA! And here you are!!!

    You don't have to worry about not "having enough to write". Sure, when Maxim blows up my house, that makes for an interesting post...but some of the best things people share are just their ruminations on the day-to-day. You always have interesting things to say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son desperately would love a dachshund to call his own, and I am tempted, but have to convince my hubby. The typical pros and cons since you've had two (or perhaps more). Your dog is so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It went through ~ THANKS so much for the detail on the dachshunds! That was helpful! We have a 13" beagle and my son has always wanted to go even smaller with a dachshund companion. We just so happened to befriend one camping this weekend, and I admit ... they are so adorable, lovable and friendly. Just our style. I'll have to keep thinking, as the potty training issue would drive my hubby crazy. But how could he resist that sweet face and cute body!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for your comments. This is fun but addictive.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)