Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Daycare Mom

Since I didn't need daycare for my daughter when she was younger, I never expected to be needing it at this grandmother stage of my life. Yes, Liesel my dachshund goes to doggie daycare one day a week.

One day a week is small dog day at doggie daycare so those mornings are hectic to get us both out the door. At least I don't have to pack her a lunch box. She is such a good girl and curls up on the Disney princess sleeping bag folded on the passenger seat floor right as the car backs out the driveway. Once I pull into the doggie daycare, she is ready to get OUT and get inside to meet her friends. She's one of the first dogs there so she has the doggie daycare "teacher" mostly to herself. She never looks back as she goes through the doors to the doggie play area.

When I pick her up after work, she is so excited to see me. After greeting me, she goes right for the door to go home.

After her supper, she is on all 4 for about an hour. Then she wants to curl up on her pad in her crate or on the pillow on the couch. If I'm in the den on the computer, she wants to always be in the same room with me so she'll follow me into here.

The strenuous play exercise is so good for her both physically and mentally. Sure wish I could send her there several days a week as she just loves it (and I love how it tires her out).

10 comments:

  1. I bet Liesel enjoys getting to play with her friends all day! It is too bad she can't go every day. It'd probably make her REALLY docile for you in the evenings!

    I love that little dog. She is too cute and has the shiniest coat of fur I think I've ever seen on a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael,

    She's asleep on the bed pillow on the couch here in the den as I've been on the computer all evening.

    A good squirt of salmon oil on her breakfast dry food every morning is great for her coat. She does have a beautiful, shinning coat.

    I'd love to see her more docile in the evenings is right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me laughing out loud - "hectic to get us both out the door" AND with no lunch to bring! (OR uniform, I expect...)

    My dog (the pitt bull) would never like this. She is too shy. We took her to obedience training, and there were three other dogs in the class. All three were "pocket" varieties...tiny and appeared to be just a mouthful for the pitt bull of people's imaginations. But Rosie was so afraid of those other dogs that she was ill. I could feel her shaking like a leaf, and of course the training involved giving her lots of her favorite treats for compliance - she couldn't eat a thing, she was so upset. So, no doggie daycare for our Rosebud, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Leisie! She sure does LOVE it there! It's so sweet how excited she then is to come home, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She sounds like a great dog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely forgot you had a blog, I have a lot of catching up to do! and I cant figure out how to leave a reg. message, i'll have to leave it as "annonymous"

    ReplyDelete
  7. shoot, i meant to leave my name... last comment by Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute! I bet she DOES love it. I wish there was a place like that around here.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, that is too cute!
    :)
    Julianne

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a spoiled little dog. How come she only goes once a week?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)