Thursday, June 17, 2010

Books

I had a coupon for Borders for 40% off one item and it expired today so I HAD to go there tonight. I looked over the display tables near the front of the store, looked over best sellers, Greek Mythology books (for my granddaughter Katya), the sale racks and boxed DVDs. I did buy two young children's books (for a baby shower at work) and a DVD in clearance for myself. I still needed to find something to use the coupon for so decided to buy Katya a Hardy Boys' mystery as she has started reading them. I can't buy any Nancy Drews as I think she's read just about all of them. They had a Hardy Boy mystery that had 3 books in one so into my shopping basket it went.

I know that electronic books are a hot item but I don't think I'd like one of those. I love to browse through bookstores, looking at the intriguing covers, reading the write-up on the back covers and turning the pages.

Are you a paper or electronic reader?

5 comments:

  1. I think I prefer the feel of a book. I always preferred hardcover as well. Lately though, I've been considering, or at least intrigued with the idea of the Kindle. Would be really cool to just have whatever book I want at my fingertips!! Plus, my house is getting sort of overrun with books. Current solution is that I've become a library girl. I maybe could get on board the kindle though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spend too much time looking at a screen as it is -- when I read a book, I want to be holding a book and not looking at a screen. I like going to the library to select books -- I hardly ever buy them. :)

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read an electronic book - and only laid eyes on one ever so briefly. I like the feel of a real book, too, and since I often find mine under the bed or under the table, or something like that, I can't fathom an expensive electronic item taking the place of it....

    We have two book shelves in the living room, one in the dining room, one in Ilya's room, one in Anastasia's closet, and a big STACK of books in our room... Oh - and a whole wall of bookcases in Sergei's third floor bedroom... but I'm sure I could squeeze a few more in somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely a paper kind of gal...but like Rachel have been strangely tempted by a Kindle lately. I even had a dream about it last night...weird, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a printed book type. But lately, I was entertaining the Kindle thought, any book any time sounds really tempting. I wander how big and expansive the Kindle library is.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)