Sunday, June 6, 2010

Westport not Westbrook

For two weeks Liesel and I had been looking forward to the dachshund rally yesterday. I gave her a bath yesterday morning so she'd be squeaky clean, soft and sweet smelling. I packed our stuff and off we headed for the dachshund rally.

I'd printed out the directions on Mapquest and when I got to Westbrook, I headed for the Green. The only thing was that I did not recognize it from two years ago when we went to the rally. I kept driving on and stopped at a Mobil station for directions. The attendant was extremely, extremely rude to me for bothering her. Sidenote: I am going to write to Mobil about her as she was horrible and I am a Mobil card carrying customer. I told her how rude she was when she was complaining to a customer that she had better things to do than give directions. A very nice teenage boy told me where the town green was. Off I drove and still did not recognize the place. I stopped at another gas station and showed a man coming out from paying my flyer. He was so nice and told me that I was suppose to be in Westport and that I was in Westbrook. Duh!!!!! I guess when I went to Mapquest, I put in Westbrook instead of Westport as I'd read the flyer too quickly. Both are off of RT. 95 along the CT shore. The dachshund event was from 1-3 and it was almost 1:30 and I was an hour away so I headed back towards home.

Since we had lots of time, I went to the scrapbook store in Westbrook and Liesel and I shopped. She sat in the shopping cart and looked cute and was so good. Then we stopped at the ice cream shop. While I had a root beer float, she had a doggie serving of vanilla ice cream (which was free). I also gave her my scoop of vanilla ice cream from my float. She'd never had ice cream before and loved it.

On our way home, we stopped at my girlfriend's as she and her husband had done some redecorating and she'd wanted me to see it. Their backyard is fenced in for their two little dogs so Liesel had a great playdate and had lots of fun. She is very social and used to other dogs from her Wednesdays at doggie daycare each week.

Fast forward to around 9:00, both of us were on the couch under the down throw watching a TV movie. Liesel was stretched out on her side half on me fast asleep while I rubbed her chest. My buddy.

P.S. I just wrote my letter to Customer Service at Mobil and will call them in the morning for the correct mailing address.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)