Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hot Water Part II

My neighbor the plumber came by this morning to look at the hot water heater and all I know is that whatever he did worked as I had hot water. He was going to stop by later in the afternoon to look at it so I gave him a key as I was going out to do errands. I came home around 5:30 and still have hot water so I'm a happy camper.

Sure was nice to be able to wash my dinner dishes in hot soapy water tonight.

I took today off from work and also did the same last Friday so I had a nice long holiday weekend. It's sadly back to work tomorrow.

I wanted to get a headstart to getting the house in order for my daughter and granddaughters' visit later this month and made a good dent. I also had a night scrapbooking, a day at one of the CT beaches and an afternoon reading on the deck. Good weekend.

5 comments:

  1. We've not had light in the bathroom (apart from a table lamp on the floor) since last week. Our fixtures require some odd bulb that needed to be ordered.

    Isn't it amazing how we rely on simple things that we take for granted?

    Hope the fix "sticks" this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie:

    I know what you mean.

    I haven't had a light over the stairs in probably a year and haven't called an electrician as it's so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's now Thursday morning and guess what? Lukewarm water. I left a message for the plumber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh the things we take for granted! Hot water...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a hot water girl, so I know I couldn't imagine having to brave even one day of cold water....

    I guess if I had just one cold shower Lily wouldn't feel the need to jump in with me! She definitely hates everything cold...typical doxie!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)