Monday, June 14, 2010

Mushrooms

My lawn now has clusters of little light brown mushrooms popping up. I was concerned about them and called the lawn service that treats my lawn with fertilizer, weed prevention, grub prevention, etc. She told me they are around because of the rains we've had and not to worry about them as they will disappear when we get a dry spell. I was concerned because of my dog but she told me that they are harmless.

Yes, we've had some heavy rains but we've also had gorgeous sunny days so I'm surprised that mushrooms sprouted up. I don't remember getting them before and last summer was a wet one.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen them from time to time... It is odd when they crop up in a place they have never been before. One year we found the most OBSCENE mushroom in our back yard. My dad did some research and it is called some sort of a "stinkhorn". Boy, I loved that name, which described it oh, so well. We had that one, once...quite a surprise, but nary a one since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have unusually early and productive mushroom season too. Mostly poganky (not edible mushrooms), some years we actually have some edible mushroom too.
    Mushrooms are mysterious plants
    Olga

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)