Thursday, May 20, 2010

Colonoscopy

You all are probably waiting to see where this post is going. Guess it's my public service announcement.

I get together with some girlfriends for dinner and we talk about the usual things - our grandchildren and aches and pains.

I am quite good about going for regular dental and doctor appointments and screenings as an ounce of prevention.... But, not all my girlfriends are the same and avoid the dreaded colonoscopy. Let's face it, the prep is no picnic but it's not painful nor is the procedure. Look at it this way, you get to take a good nap and when you wake up, it's all over.

If you haven't had a colonoscopy and are over the age when you should start getting them, just DO IT! It's nothing compared to colon cancer.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you promoting something we all dread. its so true.,.. better than cancer! And once you've had a baby, what could be more humbling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both of you. The one friend that keeps putting it off is a degreed RN. She does plan on getting one within the next few months - long overdue as she's 65.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)