Thursday, May 13, 2010

Getting Ready for Camp

The footlocker will be coming in the mail. Wonder how I'll get that big box into the house. Guess I'll be calling my neighbor's teenage son for help. It'll go into the living room and start to be filled.

I bought pretty new greenish blue towels, hand towels, washcloths and two sizes of plastic totes. One will be good for all the toiletry articles going to and from the bath house and one will be good for "stuff".

Tonight at Walmart I bought #70 suntan lotion.

I already have bought camp theme postcards to mail home. I'll be addressing them for all the grandparents and parents and putting on stamps.

Camp sent a list of what is needed and I need to get that out as a guide.

No, I'm not going to camp but Katya is. This will be her first time at overnight camp as each summer she has gone to day camp. I'm so excited to bring her and see the camp because I was a camper there for many years and even worked there as a unit leader the summer between my junior and senior years in college. My father went there, my two cousins went there and my college roommate's son went there. We have legacy. My camp summers were the best and I hated it when camp ended after my month. The camp is not as rustic as when I was there in the 50's and 60's and I loved looking at all the pictures on their website.

I am sure that Katya will love it and have a fantastic camper experience.

1 comment:

  1. That is nice that Katya will be going to the camp with so much personal history associated with it.
    Hope she will like it very much.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)