Saturday, May 22, 2010

Liesel is a winner!

Today I took Liesel to a doggie event where they had doggie games. Liesel won the kissing contest by kissing me and she was the hands down favorite. I really wish I could have washed my face after that event. Next she entered the tail wagging contest. As I was down on the ground talking to her, her little tail was going a mile a minute. Score another win for Liesel. I entered her in the ice cream eating contest but she was no match for the big dogs that could devour the little doggie frozen treat with one gulp. She was very feminine and took a few licks, decided she didn't like peanut butter flavored doggie frozen treat and walked away from it.

There were vendors, animal rescue organizations, a search dog exhibition and dogs up for adoption. My neighbor was there with her 6 year old son and they adopted the sweetest 10 week old puppy that is half Golden Retriever and German Shepherd. She is so cute and laid back. Her husband thought she and her son were at the grocery store. They have wanted to adopt a Golden Retriever so it was OK. She called him and he and their little daughter came and when they left, her husband was carrying their new puppy. All the dogs up for adoption were so cute. There was a dapple dachshund but I resisted. I am a one child and one dog lady. I know my limits (and my wallet).

Liesel and I had such a good time.

From there I took her to a doggie store and she got a new toy, a chew Bongo stick and a collapsible water bowl.

I even took her to Talbots as a scrapping buddy had told me about the dachshund slacks she had seen there. I picked Liesel up and figured I'd just go ask someone to show them to me. Well, I loved them, they were on sale and they had my fat size. I asked her to hold them for me as I had gift certificates but not on me. The saleslady asked me if I'd like to try them on. I asked her how I could do that since I had the dog with me. She gladly volunteered to hold her. Now here was a lady in her late 60's all decked out in a beautiful white blouse and dressy white sweater and I have a black and tan dog who sheds. She told me that she has two greyhounds and didn't care about the dog hair. Off we went to the dressing room. I handed her the dog and in I went to try on the pants. They were perfect. I remarked that the length was even perfect and she told me that they were cropped pants and that's why they were shorter. Works for me. I saw another pair on the rack the dachshund pants were and they were also on sale so I added them to my "hold". She was going to look around for a matching jersey and put it with my pants if she found one. Now I call my shopping excursion a real example of excellent customer service. Everyone in the store, sales personnel and customers, came up to see Liesel and remarked how pretty she was and how placid. Placid is not my dog unless she is exhausted (which she was).

We came home and fell asleep for a short nap. Good day.

6 comments:

  1. What a great day! Though here is a post that is severly hampered by lack of photos....thought I suppose photos could never match the images in my head!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Liesel!! What a fun event and overall day... and yes, I'd love to see a photo of Dachshund pants. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish you had pictures of the tail wagging. And the slacks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for Liesel!!! Sounds like the two of you are great friends. Finding pants that fit? That would be a real treat for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a picture of tail wagging and Dachshund pant too!!!
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Liesel, and yay for you in finding pants that fit!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)