Friday, May 14, 2010

Wined and Dined

This was quite the week for me and it extended my birthday from last week.

Monday night my boss that just retired took me out to an upscale restaurant for a delicious salmon dinner. It was so nice to see her as she's been gone for two weeks and I miss her each day at work as it's just "not the same".

Tonight (TGIF) a very dear friend of over 35 years took me out to another upscale restaurant in the historic section of town. I had a delicious fillet of beef with a crabcake. I never cook beef fillet so it was a treat. Another fun evening with a friend.

This girlfriend is going in next week to have her first (of two) knee replacements done so it was one of her last flings.

On my way home, I stopped at the local grocery store that also has a large nursery section. The hanging pink wave petunias were marked down to $5 a pot so I bought two. They are not perfect but with some trimming and Miracle Grow, in two weeks I'm sure they'll be perfect. I also got some other annuals and a white coneflower perennial. You know what I'll be doing this weekend.

Yeah, it's Friday and my night was a great way to start the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. My guess is that you will be in your garden all weekend.Good luck!
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!!! Sounds like a terrific celebration and time with friends. Enjoy your flowers this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - I wish I were there to take you out, myself! Happy Birthday!

    Here at my workplace, believe it or not, the Youth Minister has been "disappeared". Just an e-mail from the pastor "Today is XXXX's last day." This is like some bizarre game of Survivor. Now it is only me, the bookkeeper and the secretary who remain from the "old regime".

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)