Sunday, May 16, 2010

Man's Best Friend

Tonight I had a craving for a McD's hot fudge sundae and gave in to my craving. In front of me in the drive through was a Dodge pick-up truck. On the back window was a sticker that said, "My co-pilot is my dog."

A minute or so later, an arm came out of the drive through window with a vanilla ice cream cone. The driver of the truck took it and immediately stretched out his arm so his co-pilot could lick the cone. It was so cute.

The dog was big and when he turned his head to the side to lick his ice cream cone, the profile looked like a lab.

Man's best friend.

6 comments:

  1. When we were little very occasionally we got to walk to the Baskin Robbins that was a block or so from our house for an ice cream cone. We'd walk back, and the "rule" was that you had to give Molly, our scruffy poodle, the last bite.

    In retrospect, I marvel at what a great thing this was - obviously it was nice for Mollie, but I really think that it helped us all learn sacrificial giving - because isn't that last bite the very best one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dog Is my Co-Pilot? We used to say that. And we re-wrote the words to that song so they were "What if Dog was watching us . . ." This was back when we had dogs. Otto the Dog. A Lab-mix. He often got his own frozen yogurt. And slept on the bed with us until we had kids and there wasn't room. When we drove from Pittsburgh to Miami, I had spray cheese and crackers for snacks in the car and all three of us had them. He lived to be about 17.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Hope you enjoyed you sundae. Now I want one. Thanks for thinkg of me and leaving a comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate fudge sunday sounds really good right now! I told Punkin that I'd take her for a walk this evening when I get home. She hasn't been able to walk that distance since her accident, but I think she might be ready to get back on the trail.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)