Sunday, May 30, 2010

It's officially summer!

Summer means sunny days, soft breezes, clear blue skies, warm weather and the BEACH. We've had perfect weather over the long weekend and made-to-order.

One of the things that ushers in summer is a day at the CT coast. This morning I went to the beach with good family friends. It was hot in the sun but my girlfriend, her daughter and I crowded under the beach umbrella and lathered on the #30 and #50 suntan lotion. The granddaughter and her school friend were in the water most of the day but I know how cold the ocean is this time of year so I didn't even put my feet in.

We were there until after 5:00 and had a great day.

I'd worked hard in the house Friday and Saturday sorting, organizing and cleaning so today was my fun day. I'm back to cleaning tomorrow morning and again on Tuesday as I took it off as a vacation day. I'm in getting-ready-for-the-Muscovites'-arrival mode. I like to start a month ahead as I let things go when they aren't here. Can you tell?

Now I'm home with Liesel and about to brave a cold shower. Yes, no hot water again. That happened yesterday. I left a message for the plumber enroute to the beach but told him I would be OK until Tuesday as I don't want to ruin his weekend plans.

3 comments:

  1. It's been very summery here in MI too and we are loving it! We've already hit the beach a few times too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You chicken! You should have at least dipped a toe in so you could say, "Why yes, I did go in the water!"

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)