Saturday, May 15, 2010

Perfect Day

We had a lot of heavy rain in the night so I wasn't in the mood to jump out of bed at a reasonable time this morning. I also was reading a page turner James Paterson book so I stayed in bed and read. Boy, do I love doing that.

When I finally got up, I did laundry and hung it out to start my day.

Liesel spent most of the day on the deck watching me pot and plant. She loves being out there.

I planted lots of annuals in my perennial beds along the front edges, in pots and hanging pots. I love lots of flowers and color. After it all was done, I gave everything a dose of Miracle Grow with the attachment that goes on the hose.

Our weather here in CT was a Perfect #10 - warm but not hot, dry air, constant cooling breeze, blue sky, no bugs. Tomorrow is suppose to be the same. My kind of weather. Wish we could have it 6 months a year.

I'd run to the grocery store for more perennials and fixings for burgers for supper. Guess it officially is summer for me as it was my first time doing burgers on the gas grill. Tomorrow I'll do the same but make sure I keep more of an eye on them so they don't overcook and dry out.

I end my gardening days with 2 ibuprofen pills to help with the stiffness Now it's time to stretch out next to Liesel under the down throw on the couch while watching a movie.

A good part of my day tomorrow will be spent relaxing on the deck with a book and my dog.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you knew how to do the photos so you could show off your flower beds!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)