Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Horrible Heat in CT and Cold Water

The weather tonight said that it hit 99 this afternoon by the airport. It broke records and the hotest spot in the country.

I watered all of my gardens tonight after getting home from work and since it was not humid, I did not find it unbearable. Now I am one that HATES the heat so that really shocked me.

Of course I had the central A/C on when I left for work this morning and turned it a tad cooler when I came home. The central A/C doesn't do a good job on my second floor so I went to turn on the two units upstairs when I got home. The one in my room needs to be replaced as it just can't crank out really cold air (never could). The one in my daughter's room would freeze you out. I think it died over the winter as when I turned it on, no air came out. Guess both those units will need replacing this summer.

To add to my joyous evening, I turned the faucet on and found that there's no hot water. The joys of home ownership.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, sorry to hear of the breaks in your home, but at least on such a HOT day you might just be okay with cold water. Wish I could have your weather, we are rained out (Blah).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what I wouldn't give for a blue sky. We have had nothing but rain for the last 2 weeks.
    Not just a little, pouring rain. My poor tomatoes look a little water logged:(
    Guess we always want what we don't have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. The cold shower was NOT pleasant this morning. I can say that it was a very quick one. My neighbor hopefully can come over to give the hot water heater a look see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's how it works at our house too. Once something breaks, the chain has begun and there seems to be a following of several problems. Hope the fix is quick, easy, and not too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry the cold shower wasn't a winner. Actually, I took cold showers during Lent one year, so I know that cold means COLD. Not the thing before bed, but it does get one hopping in the morning!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)