Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jeans - Love 'Em

Before I went to work, I mostly wore jeans around the house and when going out to do errands, etc. They didn't show the dirt, could be dressed up with nice shoes, a starched blouse and a sweater. Add a blazer and you were ready to go most casual places.

Then I started working part time and had to switch to dressier pants, a skirt or dress. When I went to work full time, I wore my jeans less and less as I was working Monday - Friday. During the cold months, I usually was home on Sundays and lived in sweats doing laundry, ironing (remember when we ironed everything), cooking ahead for the work week for my family, doing crafts, etc. Fast forward and there was just me (and my dog). I found that some Sundays I broke my routine and had to run out for an errand or groceries.

Two and a half years ago, my boss and I moved to a different location at our company. The big plus was that the building has Casual Friday and that means employees can wear jeans. An email went out today that next week we can buy a badge for $20 that will allow the employee to wear jeans each Monday during June through August. Wahoo! The money goes all to charity. A great idea in my book and I'll be buying my badge on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. That is an AWESOME idea!! Love it! I wonder if more companies will start doing this (badge with donation).

    I used to work for an insurance company where you could ONLY wear white shirts with a suit/tie (males) and blazer/suit jacket with skirt/slacks (females). The day they went to Casual Fridays (then eventually 5 days a week) made the local papers! It was a big deal Haha.

    Wish they would have thought of the donation component, however, that is super great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)