Sunday, November 21, 2010

Getting in the Mood

I grew up to hearing Perry Como in my house as my mother loved his music, his TV show and what a wholesome man he was. It's not Christmas without hearing Perry Como. I used to love his Christmas special on TV (and also Andy Williams'). Checking out at the grocery store today was a display with some CDs. Staring at me was Perry for $5.98 so onto the counter it went. Guess I'll pop that into the player in the car tomorrow and sing along.

Remember all the wonderful Christmas specials on TV? Miss them.

I also bought 3 pointsettias this afternoon. One red one is for a co-worker's birthday on Thanksgiving and I'll bring it in tomorrow. The red one is on my kitchen table next to my laptop and the third one is pink and for my desk at work. When my daughter was growing up and I went all out decorating the house for Christmas, I had lots of pointsettias in the house as I love them. I used to have the traditional red along with white and pink.

Next weekend I'll be baking - cranberry orange walnut breads, cream cheese spritz cookies and sugar cookies. Most of it will be given as holiday gifts to friends and co-workers. Of course, I'll eat some too. Another holiday tradition of mine are my green cream cheese spritz cookie wreaths. I never missed making them except for last December. I was so busy with work and everything needed to be ready to fly to Moscow a week before Christmas. I brought the directions and cookie press with me but never got to make them there. Unfortunately I forgot the press there and my daughter forgot it when she came in March and for the summer. My good friend Cecelia sent me home with her press when I was visiting her in NY a few weekends ago. She didn't plan to use it this season so I'll put it to good use before I get it back to her.

I stocked up on flour and sugar (many bags) this weekend (on sale)as there is nothing worse than being in the midst of the baking mess and running out. I don't have anyone to run to the grocery store for me and having to put on decent clothes to go is such a nuisance.

1 comment:

  1. I need to get our Christmas music, too. The girls love Elvis... And this year Katya got the Taylor Swift Christmas album while in Colorado. Haven't decorated yet... Perhaps this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)