Tuesday, November 16, 2010

White Christmas

Tonight my friend and I met for a quick dinner and then went to see the Broadway play White Christmas at the Bushnell in Hartford. Both of us watch the movie each holiday season so I can truthfully say we know the story well and love it.

The play did not disappoint us and we really enjoyed it. The scenes, costumes, singing and TAP dancing were wonderful. I just love tap dancing and as a little girl always wanted to take lessons. My conservative father said it wasn't ladylike and so I was enrolled in ballet. I wish when I'd gotten older that I had taken tap lessons as I am a tap dancer wannabe. I was a tomboy so tap lessons suited my personality much more than ballet as an elementary schooler. I only took lessons for a few years so never got on my toes.

Now we can't wait to watch our White Christmas movies within the next week.

If the play comes to your area and you love the movie, spring for a ticket and go with a friend.

4 comments:

  1. I love this movie too!
    We saw the play on Broadway couple of years ago and it was wonderful. The little girl who played the grand daughter was singing so well. And to top it we had great seats.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are really in the holiday spirit with all you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tap Dancer wannabe? That's too funny. I'm already listening to Christmas music and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your father would literally faint if he saw how Natalia dances with her batons... She's getting ready to perform in a talent show at school next week... Tap dancing would be tame in comparison!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)