Friday, November 19, 2010

Wash freezing on the line

I love the fall in CT. It's cold at night and sunny and beautiful during the day. Normally I hang clothes out as long as I can. Since I'm out first thing tomorrow morning to go to several Xmas fairs in the area, I wanted to get laundry on the line tonight. I washed my summer cotton blanket first and hung it out. While the next load was washing, I guess the temperature dropped as it was a little stiff when I went out with the towels to hang. Love it!

I do put my perma press in the dryer so they come out wrinkle free. Everything else is on the line.

Many of you will think I'm weird. I don't do this to save electricity but because I love laundry off the line. I've even hung out sheets and towels on a sunny, warm winter day.

No, I won't be retiring to the Sun Belt. I love fall and winter. Nor will I ever live where I can't have my clothesline.

My mother never had a drier so she hung laundry out all year. We often had frozen laundry thawing out in the kitchen. Now you know where I get it from.

3 comments:

  1. That is so neat. Reminds me of all the years my Grandmother used to hang out her laundry. She never had a dryer until my parent's bought her one when I was in high school. Do your neighbors say anything about the laundry - perhaps your area is comforted with a nice piece of land - unlike our neighborhoods out here that can be pretty squished together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The neighbors don't really see the laundry as there are trees between the houses and the clothesline is in my back yard. It goes from the house out high to a big oak in my backyard. There are no zoning rules about them anyway. I don't live in a housing area that has that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a beautiful setting. I would love a place like that. While I like our zoning and restrictions through our HOA - because we are so close in proximity to one another it keeps our neighborhood in order - one day I would LOVE to live in a place with more space and privacy. Once we don't have to think about kids, education, social availability, etc - haha.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)