Sunday, November 14, 2010

Work and Pleasure

My weekend was divided into the two areas of work and pleasure.

Work: Laundry both days and one load hung out on the line. Grocery shopping. Took all my window screens out, carted them out to the front lawn in the sun, spread out a plastic tarp, gathered a bucket of hot Lysol suds, wire scrub brush and padded gardening kneeling pad. Scrubbed all the screens, hosed them off, dried them against shrubs and brought them inside. Made a noodle and apple kugel, baked pork loin with sauteed onions and apple slices, salad and broccoli. I have enough for dinner the next two nights (a plus).

Pleasure: Baby shower yesterday for a coworker which was really nice. Couch time this afternoon with the dog while I read my Country Living magazine. More couch time tonight with the dog, knitting on my Xmas socks and watching movies.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds really nice. You are spacing work and pleasure in really nice way.
    We are always so bad in this department. It looks like we can not stop in the right moment. So, we ended with take out sushi dinner tonight, AGAIN. At least it was not a pizza dinner.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a delightful weekend! We were busy all weekend but accomplished almost nothing:)
    I wanted to rake leaves but it rained all day every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you were busy. Washing screens? I just hose mine off. I guess maybe I should do more than I do. I'm looking forward to making Kugel. I have the recipe out and I'm making a list to go shopping this Friday. I'll let you know how it turns out. How are your socks turning out? I just love the ones Diane made for me!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)