Saturday, November 20, 2010

Xmas Craft Fairs

Love love love them. Today I went to two and enjoyed them. One always has one room for baked goods and prepared soups and casseroles. They have a list of the available frozen meals and you place your order. Someone goes to the kitchen freezer while you pay and then you have lots of dinners ready for after work in your freezer. No work and the money the fair makes all goes to support a local food kitchen. What could be better?

The same fair also has different rooms with used books, homemade candy, tag sale items, tea cup auction and crafts. I always have to make two trips out to my car. I wait for this fair each fall.

It also brings back happy memories as it's where my daughter went to nursery school for two years.

After the fairs, I stopped home to put the frozen meals in the freezer before heading for the grocery store. Made another stop home to put away groceries.

For several hours this afternoon, I went to a drop in knitting session at the library.

This evening the dog and I watched a few movies and I knit on the Xmas socks I'm making myself. I got out my Xmas videos so I'm in the holiday mood. White Christmas is being saved for next weekend. I've bought my eggnog, hot cocoa and whipped cream so I'm all set for the viewing. It's a holiday tradition of mine.

Great day. There's another craft fair I'm going to tomorrow so 'tis the season.

P.S. Sunday Afternoon

The craft fair this afternoon was great. Bought some things for myself and for gifts. Saw one of my daughter's teachers. Went grocery shopping again for specials in the flyer and for my free turkey. Now I have a frozen 21 pound turkey in my frig thawing. I'll roast it later this weeks for turkey dinners, hot turkey sandwiches, turkey tetrazinni, turkey soup and freezing for later use. I asked the butcher to saw it in half but he refused as the health codes have changed. It was free when you spent $300 so it was better to get the large size turkey. Sheets are in from the clothesline and the bed is freshly made up. Another nice Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are really getting in the spirit!!
    Enjoy the weeks ahead!
    I need to get through Thanksgiving before I can start thinking about Christmas:)
    I've done quite a bit of shopping, so thats a plus.
    Enjoy your Thanksgiving:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fun.... I don't get into the Christmas spirit very easily any more. Ironic that working for a church just beats it right out of you.... There is so much to do at work that it stresses the system. I am sure I am not the only one that feels that way - lots of people whose businesses rely on Christmas buying must be overwhelmed, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who did you see? That was such a nice preschool...

    Got some neat things at that craft fair here that Dina wrote about. Cool scarf/pin from silk and felted wool.

    Sure wish I had a bigger freezer so I could cook in bulk more often!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)