Sunday, November 28, 2010

More time in the kitchen

Since I roasted and picked the turkey clean on Friday, yesterday was cooking time.

First of all was a huge pot of turkey vegetable soup. It simmered away as I started in on casseroles. I made 3 pans of turkey tetrazinni and 2 pans of turkey broccoli casseroles. Everything had sauted onions and mushrooms and I'm one of those mushroom users that rinses well to make sure they don't have any lingering dirt.

My kitchen smelled so good.

Since it was cold out, I put everything on the deck railing to cool once the pans were no longer really oven hot. After everything was cold, I put most of the food into individual plastic containers for the freezer. That meant rearranging the freezer but I was able to make a lot more room. The two pans that won't fit will go in my friend's freezer.

Yesterday I also made 2 batches of cream cheese spritz cookie dough and 2 batches of sugar cookie dough. I'm waiting for some of the spritz dough to warm up so I can start making cookies. I'll be at it all day.

Hopefully this is the end of my holiday baking. I've had Hallmark channels Xmas movies on all weekend so it's been nice.

1 comment:

  1. Tina it sounds like you cooked for an army! Mmmmm, I bet your kitchen smelled insanely good! Happe belated Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)